"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."Prov 31:30

8.13.2010

Hhhmmmm.....

Ok so my question this evening is how much control is too much? Actually when does it become considered a bad thing? Believe me I am one who loves to have control in all situations. I love to control what I spend money on, how something is planned, how something happens, etc. I will be the first to admit I love control and becoming a Christian has destroyed that concept. And not for bad reasons either. It has actually given a freedom in Christ for me not to worry about controlling things in my life. Now I'm not an advocate for complete lack of control. I do believe watching what you wear, what you watch, what you eat, etc can be good. But at what point do those things become hindering not only to your relationship with Christ but also to your ability to live with the freedom he has given you? I think that point is when you become more concerned with being able to control those things than your walk with Him. I know that may sound silly and some may say by controlling what I wear how could that ever hinder my walk with Him but it can. When the first thing you think of before walking out the door to church is I hope my hair is just right, I hope my skirt is not wrong,I hope all these things and you don't even consider how much better it could have been to prepare before going out to church was spending alone time with Christ for that hour you spent on your outfit. Or even with controlling what you eat. I do believe having a healthy diet is a good thing and it is also something I should probably work better at but when controlling and eliminating things in my diet not only for health reasons but also because I find comfort in being able to control that becomes more important than my walk with Him I feel the boundary has been reached. This may sound extremely judgemental towards people that enjoy control and I sincerely apologize. I feel that by receiving freedom in Christ we should also relinquish our need for control to Him. Not saying that discernment in what we say, what we wear, what we eat, what we drink is wrong. It is necessary but at the same time our focus must always be pointed towards Him first and not waver because of a need for control.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Becca said...

Amen sister! I whole heartedly agree with everything you just wrote!