"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."Prov 31:30

11.21.2011

Where to begin...

I have no idea where to start!!! First of it has been over a year since my last post and so much has happened. Not only has so much happened but God has done so much with my life, my emotions, my fears, and so much more. When you ask God to deliver you really have to be prepared to hang on. So let's start with an overview. My last post was in August of last year whoa... well first that's not long after homeway closed and I ended up without a job.. I wouldn't say I enjoyed that time of the year but at the same time I can't say I hated it. Let's call it the learning process. I prayed and tried to find a job for what seemed like forever but like my minister says "sometimes God withholds something good for something great". In my case great came in the way of a pride lesson. And a lesson in "His timing" versus my own. I was extremely blessed that at the time of losing my job I was still living with Carrie and Jeff and their family but at the same time it did nothing for my hope of getting out on my own to not have an income. Carrie and I had been working on a time line for me to move out of February 1st and unfortunately as that time came closer and closer I still had no job and no home in sight. And this is where God steps in :) I had applied for a job not really wanting it and feeling that I was above it. Not because I felt I was special but sometimes pride doesn't allow you to see something as God sees it. I saw this job as just a means to an end when really God saw it as a way to use me for His glory. Crazy how small our picture is compared to His.. But with a month left till my deadline I was feeling confused and starting to lose hope that there was any possibility to move out. Carrie and I were spending time reading His word, working on bible studies, praying, kinda freaking out :) but then the call came, job interview and then job offer and in the couple of days we found a small one bedroom house through friends. So two weeks till my deadline God delivered proving that sometimes His timing is so much better than ours. And so much has happened since then to continue to prove that not that He needs to in any way. So here is a recap of our year in our home...
    Some amazing friends helped me and Riley move into our new home, paint our crazy colored kitchen, and within the same day of moving in found me a bed and a kitchen table!! And our house started to become our home. I started my new job and it was not quite what I anticipated. I learned about budgets, first off they stink :) but at the same time you can't live without them and I also learned sometimes God has to provide cause we have nothing left but He does it in ways you don't expect. Riley and I went through a huge snowstorm! Our first in our home and learned camping out in Quincy at my sisters is the best option when you own a 96 neon. In the spring we attempted growing plants and sadly I'm not a good container gardener. Riley turned 3 in May and with turning 3 she turned 13 with her attitude. :) She continues to amaze me and remind me I can do more because she's worth every tired moment of crashing into bed at the end of the night. Summer came and went way too fast but we spent time at a friends pool, watching movies, learning the best way to feed only two people which sometimes means not eating like everyone else. It was an interesting time. God also gave me an experience to remind me that I have some amazing people in my life and to be thankful for everyday. In June we had this crazy storm and I had a tree come through the window hitting me in the chest and leaving me off work for 3 days and sore as could be. And also left me with one ugly scar on my chest but the next day after getting hit God gave me a verse I won't forget, 2 Samuel 22:31-32, "As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?" Even when things happen that we don't understand or they are painful He has proven me both in the past and in that experience that He always knows the plan. One of the things that I became very aware of was that I am very thankful for is my family both stand ins and the real deal. Between my sisters & dad, my 2nd family Carrie & Jeff, my church family, my friends, I am very lucky. I'm also extremely lucky that when I had a kid, God picked such an amazing man for me to have one with. Caleb was amazing that week. He took care of Riley for me, got things I needed, and was there for anything I needed, truly an awesome friend & father. I'm very blessed. So in continuing it was a crazy summer continuing into a fun fall. We went to our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch, carved our amazing pumpkins, decorated our house for the fall and now this week we will have our very first thanksgiving in our own home. My family is coming to join and I'm very excited to have them here. But that is not the only exciting thing in our week. We found out that God has another exciting journey for us planned. We have been needing more space in our home and we have been wanting a two bedroom but I learned I don't want it without the cost of God's peace or unless it was His will and I got my answer today when looking at the new house we visited. Another lesson learned, when we ask for peace or an answer we have to pay attention because God knows what he's doing and he always gives an answer. So although I am sad we will be leaving our small 1st home in a couple months God has something planned for us and I can only imagine what it will be. :)

Photobucket

No comments: